There are two ways to get traffic to your website or to your product/services.
Payed traffic, or free traffic. Instant and targeted, or slow and steady.
You want to have your focus on warm traffic. This is traffic ready to buy, or at least subscribers interested in what you have to offer.
- Warm traffic includes subscribers on your email list, SEO traffic and re targeted traffic through Facebook pixel and Google pixel.
- Cold Traffic in the other hand is traffic you get through payed ads on Google or Bing for example.
They are not ready to buy yet, but rather click on the content of curiosity.
To really make it as an affiliate marketer, you need both! For the sake of the topic, we split this article into two parts.
One part which goes into paid traffic, and the next part will cover free traffic.
For more traffic content, read my article, “The Real Truth About Affiliate Marketing “
Don’t skip the article “Affiliate Marketing School”
What Is Payed Traffic?
Paid traffic: Paid traffic generally refers to buying traffic from advertising network.
Paid traffic is highly targeted as an affiliate (advertiser on traffic sources) target their audience based on several factors and can place their advertisement on targeted sites.
This helps in receiving laser targeted traffic fast and producing high quality conversion.
Paid traffic can be classified into several categories based on the type of advertisement, bidding model, type of traffic which is generated
You need to know how to convert paid traffic into sales, or you throw money out of the window.
It’s important to be as targeted with paid traffic as possible to get value for the money.
If you have golf as your niche, then this is too broad. We need to be as specific and targeted as possible.
It’s not enough to go for “Driver review.”
Instead, do this….
“Review of Callaway XR Driver. 10.5 degree. Fujikura Speeder 565 A-Flex. Right Handed.
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is one of the oldest ways of generating traffic to your site.
PPC is an internet advertising model which is charged for every click/visit which is sent to the advertiser’s website for related search query/keyword.
These ads are generally shown on search engines when a user types any query/keyword and searches for it.
The advertisement with the highest bids is shown alongside search results and when a user clicks on those ads, they are redirected to the advertiser’s website.
Google is the leading search engine on the net and acquires the highest volume of search market shares followed by bing, yahoo, ask & aol.
All the search engines follow the pay-per-click advertisement model.
- Google Adwords: Google adwords is the advertising program which show keyword/query specific advertisement on Google search engine result pages and also on publisher’s websites which is affiliated with Google Adsense.
With over 63% of total search market share, Google Adwords is the most popular advertisement platform online due to immense amount highly targeted traffic.
Supported advertising model by Google Adwords are CPC (Cost-per-click), CPM (Cost-per-impression), CPA (Cost-per-action), Re-targeting, Pay per call, Local ads etc.
- Bing Ads: Bing Ads from Microsoft is similar to Google Adwords.
Bing now has 1/3rd of total US desktop search volume according to comScore but for rest of the countries the search volume is quite low.
Generally, Bing can provide 1/10th of total Google search traffic (worldwide).
Even though the traffic volume is low on Bing Ads but the traffic quality if quite high and cheap as compare to Google Adwords. On top of that Bing Ads is very affiliate friendly.
- Yahoo Gemini: Yahoo Gemini allows advertising on Yahoo which has over a billion of visits every month for search, news, email etc.
Yahoo Gemini is a self-serving advertising solution and allows advertisers to harness the power of both search & native advertisement from one single interface.
Search ads will appear on search results page and native ads will appear on yahoo.com and its networking sites.
- Baidu: Baidu is the popular Chinese search engine. Global search market share is very less but for china it has a total search market share of over 70%. Perfect advertising solution for Chinese audience.
- Yandex Advertising: Yandex is the largest search engine in Russia and has a search market share of over 50%.
It is not a self-serve advertising platform and has huge volume of traffic targeting only Russian audience.
So, if you want to promote something on Russian market then Yandex can get you good traffic and it’s fairly cheap.
- 7Search: 7Search is an independent & transparent search advertisement network, which shows ads on it own search engines and network sites.
It has its own audience and not dependent on other biggies like Google or Bing.
CPC for keywords are really cheap and 7Search; is transparent enough to show bidding position and everyone’s bid amount.
Retargeting Traffic With FB And Google Pixel
The Facebook pixel is code that you place on your website.
It collects data that helps you track conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads, build targeted audiences for future ads, and re market to people who have already taken some kind of action on your website.
It works by placing and triggering cookies to track users as they interact with your website and your Facebook ads.
If you have a website, you can attach a FB pixel, or a Google pixel
For advertising at Facebook you can fill in demographic, gender, age group, and so on.
Master all those options and know your buyers’, then you are in good condition to get targeted traffic and value for your money.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
CRO is essential for paid traffic! In general the conversion rate is 1.%
If you get 100 people to your product, you get one paying customers.
CRO is the process of enabling people to take an action when they visit a website.
By designing and modifying certain elements of a web page, a business can increase the chances that site visitors will “convert” into a lead or customer before they leave.
A good conversion rate optimization campaign not only means saving high on your time, money, and efforts but also exploring new growth strategies which were unknown in the past.
Throughout the journey of a CRO process, a marketer will encounter six primary elements which can be optimized.
This is a whole article for itself, so I won’t go into any details about this. The elements are listed below.
- Landing page design
- Website Copy
- Call To Action
- Navigation And Site Structure
- Page speed
- Email marketing
You have the possibility to capture your own customers and build a platform that you own. It automates your business and the marketing efforts.
What I mean about that is you can follow up you subscribers through Pre written emails you send out.
Not just that you have possibilities to market several products or services,
but you can update your subscribers with useful content and information about your business.
This building trust and are essential for further business relationship.
Email Marketing is your direct line to your customers.
It maximizes profit through repeat customers, because they learn to trust you and your brand.
It takes 7 times before a customer are presented to an offer before they are ready to buy.
You have the possibility to increase that exposure throughout email campaigns and email broadcasts.
- SEO – Free organic traffic
Have Conversion Rates Optimization in mind here as well.
You should do these steps on every single post you do.
- Have your keyword in the first 100 words. If you’re doing best IPhone 2020, you’ll want to at least use the term “best IPhone” in the introduction.
- Link out to trusted websites. Not just Amazon. You should aim to link out to 4 to 6 known websites every post. This shows Google your active in the community and trustworthy.
- Link to your own content. This is called internal linking and each post should have 3 internal links to your own content. This helps Google rank your content quicker and rank higher. So when you post “Best IPhone 2020” go back to older content and create a link. Add a new paragraph somewhere when you do this to get Google’s attention.
- Make sure your content is visually pleasing and easy to read. Use bullet points pictures and short paragraphs. Make sure you sentences are concise as well.
- Write naturally and don’t keyword stuff. You don’t want to use the term “IPhone” over and over and over again
I’m an affiliate marketer with links to an online retailer, and or, service on my website. When people read what I’ve written about a particular product, and or a service, and then click on those links and buy something from the retailer or signing up to a program, I earn a commission from the retailer or the program. This commission will in no way change the cost to you.
What You Should Focus On With Your Content
Give, give, give, take. Give the more you take.
Always keep in mind to help your prospects. Don’t focus on what the product does, but more on how it can help to make the buyers’ life easier.
There is so much more to cover when it comes to traffic. I have only scratched the surface here.
This is just a taste and more than enough to get traffic to your website or your product.
You get traffic with consistency.
People trust you more. And are more likely to buy from you.
When it comes to traffic it’s easy, but hard at the same time.
When it comes to paid traffic methods, I strongly recommend you let someone take care of this for you.
There is a program called 12 Minutes Affiliate.
Reason why I recommend this when it’s comes to payed traffic, is they send the traffic directly to your opt in page.
They have email follow up ready to deploy to your subscribers immediately, and they promote high quality products for you.
This is the simplest and easiest way to get quality traffic and start with affiliate marketing and email marketing.
But you need to buy traffic constantly to grow your list if you don’t have a website.
But you don’t have the ability to build your own subscribers unless you send the traffic to your opt in page first.
When it comes to free traffic, I Highly Recommend Wealthy Affiliate!
This is a community with training courses how to build your own website, how to master SEO and Keyword research.
They take care of the hosting for you. Plus you learn how to create quality content for your website.
Do You Have A Secret Weapon To Get Traffic?
This Is For You!
If you are interested in my latest articles, recommendations and reviews, all you have to do is sign up with your email address below.
As a big thank you, I will give you this for FREE!
I will give you all this for FREE!
Free ebooks covering the following:
- Traffic Types (free methods and paid)
- Convertion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Links to my recommendations of products and tools
- Time Management
- What you should be aware of
- How to make your business planSteps to take to make money
And much more goodies!
Are YOU An Adventurer? Click The Banner Below!
All the best,
Fred Eimhjellen, founder of resourceformoney.com